Tsakonas Panagiotis, Professor
April – June 2015: Academic Visitor, St Antony’s College, Oxford University, Research Project: “Globalization, Europeanization and Greece’s National Security Strategy”.
Feb. 2012 – Jan. 2015: Coordinator of the Center for Security Studies (KEMEA) participation at PACT Programme (Public Perception of Security and Privacy: Assessing Knowledge, Collecting Evidence, Translating Research Into Action); 7th RTD Framework Programme.
Sep. 2011 – Sept. 2012: Coordinator of the Programme of «Inter-cultural education and training of high-level officials of the Hellenic Ministry of the Citizen Protection at national, municipal and local level on the Greek state policies of integration of nationals of Third Countries». The Programme was co-financed by the EU and Greek national funds under Action 3.2/10, European Integration Fund (EIF) and the Hellenic Ministry of Interior.
Jan. 2003 – Jan. 2004: Principal Researcher, Research project: “Buiding a National Security Strategy Model for the Twenty First Century”, funded by the Institute for Defence Analysis, Helenic Ministry of Natioal Defence.
July – September 2003: Fulbright Visiting Scholar, Macmillan Center for International and Area Studies, Yale University. Research Project: “United States-European Union Dilemmas and the Resolution of the Greek-Turkish Dispute”.
April 1997 – June 1999: NATO Research Fellow, Research Project: “Creating Conditions of Stability in Southeastern Europe. Prospects for an Arms Control Regime”.
May 1996 – June 1998: Researcher conducting assessment reports on the problems and prospects of Greece’s procurement policies; Research project funded by the Stockholm Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) on the defence and procurement policies of the Mediterranean countries.
Sep. 1992 – Sept.1994: Researcher at the Institute of International Relations (IIR), Athens conducting country risk analysis for certain Southeast Europe states; Research project funded by the Hellenic Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Jan. 1992 – Jan. 1993: Principal Researcher at reseach project titled: “Greek Foreign Policy and the Hellenic Diaspora: The Case of the ‘Macedonian Issue’”; funded by the Center for Economic Research, Athens University of Economics and Business.
Magliveras Konstantinos, Professor
- From August 2015 onwards, Principal Researcher, Research project titled “Overcoming Barriers to a Multicultural Society in Greece”. Financed by the European Economic Area (EEA) Financial Mechanism. Total project budget: 140,000 Euro. Responsible for the legal barriers to multiculturalism and evaluation of the Greek legislation on immigration and naturalization of aliens.
- From March 2015 to November 2015, Principal Researcher, Research project titled “Evaluation of Greek Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) and the Formulation of a Credibility Index”. Financed partly by the European Social Fund (ESF) of the European Commission. Total project budget: 336,000 Euro. Responsible for the project’s legal aspects and for analyzing the action of transnational actors (United Nations, Council of Europe) and individual states to develop a regulatory framework for international NGOs.http://excellence.minedu.gov.gr/thales/en/thalesprojects/377323
- From November 2009 to November 2012, Principal Researcher, Research Centre for the Greek Society, Academy of Athens, Athens, Greece. Research project on Transnational Trafficking in Human Beings: Criminal Suppression and Protection of the Rights of Victims. Financed by the Academy of Athens.
- From January 2005 to December 2006, Principal Researcher, Research Centre for the Greek Society, Academy of Athens, Athens, Greece. Interdisciplinary research project on International Immigration and Consequences for Greece: the Protection Afforded by International Organisations (United Nation, International Labour Organization, Council of Europe) and by European Union Law to Transnational Migration. Financed by the Academy of Athens.
Sakkas Ioannis, Professor
- From 2009 to 2013 I was an evaluator of the Thales Programme (2007-2013), co-financed by the EU and Greek national funds through the Operational Program “Education and Lifelong Learning” of the National Strategic Reference Framework. I have peer-reviewed several proposals for funding.
- Since 2010 I have been an expert at the EMUNI University (the Euro-Mediterranean University) supervising the progress of the ENPI PROJECT as one of the most important projects encouraging cooperation in higher education and contributing to the establishment of the Euro-Mediterranean Higher Education, Science and Research Area.
- Partner in INTERREG II named Gaia (history) 2000-3.
- Partner in Pythagoras II Funding of research groups in the Universities, entitled “Greek-Egypt antiquity. Historical and Archaeological study with the aid of natural sciences”,2003-5.
- Τhales (ESPA), “From World War II to the Cold War. International Relations and Domestic Developments”, 2012-15.
Τsardanidis Charalambos, Associate Professor
- From 1986 to 1989, Research at the Foundation of Mediterranean. Research Programmes on a) The superpowers in the Eastern Mediterranean and the Persian Gulf, b) The Customs Union between EC and Cyprus c) Bibliography on Turkey
- From 1989 to 1992, Hellenic Center of European Studies. Research Programmes a) The European System of Security and Greece, b) EC –Cyprus relations, c) Greek interests in the Mediterranean and the new policies of the EC”
- From 1989 to 1991, Institute of International Relations, Panteion University, Greek –Soviet Relations.
- As the Director of the Institute of International Economic Relations and Partner in INTERREG II I coordinated a programme from 1998 to 1992 with several activities linking business association of Northern Greece with business association from FYROM and Bulgaria.
- September 1999 – December 1999. Coordinator of Research Programme Funded by the Special Envoy of the EU on the Middle Peace Process on prospects for absorption of Returning Refugees in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip.
- Τhales (ESPA), “Social Responsibility of Greek Enterprises and the Greek NGO “, 2012-15.
- Since 1993 as Director of the Institute of International Economic Relations I have coordinated more than twenty five projects.
Kefala Paraskevi , Assistant Professor
Research and collection of material for writing a monograph on the subject: “Islam: religion and politics.”
Manoli Panagiota, Assistant Professor
– Head, Programme in Slavic, East European and Eurasian Studies, Hellenic Foundation for European and Foreign Policy (since January 216)
– “The Future of EU-Turkey Relations: Mapping Dynamics and Testing Scenarios (FEUTURE)” (Horizon 2020). Researcher (2016 -2018)
– Research activities: on Interparliamentary cooperation in Southeast Europe, development and security in ENP area.
Concluded research programmes:
– “Greece, the BSEC countries and Schengen Agreement Implementation: Problems and Policy Proposals” (Funded by the Hellenic Ministry of Foreign Affairs, July – November 2008). Project Coordinator
– “Research potential of the Black Sea countries (Respot)” (6th Framework Programme of the European Commission, May 2004 – May 2006). Participation in Research
– “Black Sea Action Plan on Science and Technology (ACTIONPLΑΝBS)” (6th Framework Programme of the European Commission, March 2005 – March 2006).
Ntalis Sotiris , Assistant Professor
Research Coordinator at Unit for European and International Policy.
Stribis Ioannis , Assistant Professor
Research and collection of material for writing a monograph on the subject: “The application of the Law of the Sea in the Mediterranean”